Meet Denise Fair Razo, who found herself at the forefront of Detroit’s battle with Covid-19 when appointed as chief public health officer by Detroit’s mayor just a few months before the pandemic’s start.
2020 catapulted the American healthcare industry into the spotlight as never before. The Covid-19 pandemic altered every facet of our previous concepts of normality.
Detroit found itself at the epicenter of the chaos, at many points leading the nation in infection rates. Amongst the tragedy came opportunities for reflection and reformation of long-standing pillars we’d previously assumed unchangeable.
Denise and her team led efforts to keep Detroiters safe. In this conversation, Denise gives behind-the-scenes insight on what she’s seen, heard, and learned, as well as shares her inspiring journey of finding her purpose in helping others.
- Are we indeed in a post-pandemic society?
- Tips on becoming a better leader.
- How can we take better care of ourselves throughout this pandemic?
- “If nothing else, healthcare should change in terms of how we are responsible for our own bodies.” – Dr. Geneva Williams, 6:27
- “Leadership is hard, especially during a crisis, but it is necessary.” – Denise Fair, 24:40