Truly impactful leadership leaves something behind that can be felt long after your departure from any industry, organization or community.
This episode is the third installment in my Leadership Lesson series- a collection of insights on truly impactful leadership takeaways, debuting during Black History Month. I share lessons learned while writing the book, Justice on the Jersey Shore with my father, Ermon K. Jones who fought for change during some of the most segregated times in American history.
Listen in to hear why legacy is possibly the most important part of your role as a leader. I share some of the impact and influence left behind by my father and the story of Oseola McCarty, who inspired countless others through one seemingly simple act of philanthropy. Find out how as you continue to develop and contribute to the world, you can find ways to ensure your leadership transcends you.
- Questions leaders with a legacy can answer.
- The lasting impact legacy leadership can have.
- My father and Oseola McCarthy’s legacy on society and institutions.
- [00:06] Intro
- [01:39] Impact leadership lesson #3
- [02:07] Creating a legacy through leadership.
- [03:02] Questions leaders looking to leave a legacy can answer
- [05:01] My father’s societal and institutional legacy
- [06:58] Oseola McCarty and a legacy birthed from philanthropy
- [10:56] The impact of Oseola McCarty’s legacy
- [13:56] What is your vision for the future and how will it create legacy?
- [14:20] Outro
- “Leaders- as they’re doing what they do in the present tense. As they’re looking in the future and creating vision, [they] are in fact creating legacy.” – Dr. Geneva Jones Williams [02:46]
- “Hard work gives your life meaning. If you want to feel proud of yourself, you’ve got to do things you can be proud of.” [08:45]
- eXtraordinary Women Influencers Facebook group
- Justice on the Jersey Shore
- Oseola McCarty Scholarship Program
Find | THE Ignite 2 Impact PODCAST
Find | Dr. Geneva Jones Williams
On Instagram: @Drgenevaspeaks
On Twitter: @Drgenevaspeaks
On Facebook: @Drgenevaspeaks
RATE & SUBSCRIBE
Wherever you listen to your podcasts
On Apple Podcasts
Speaker, Author, Thought-Leader… and I really like this one, vibrant living culture creator; Golden Soror of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., and Michigan Women’s Commission Appointee. With more than forty years of expertise in business management and personal development, I also have the distinction of receiving the NAWBO Top Businesswoman Award and the Booker T. Washington Legacy Award.